GINKAKU-JI TEMPLE KYOTO JAPAN POSTCARD
Here is a vintage postcard that features a view of the Ginkaku-ji Temple which is located in the Sakyo-ku ward of Kyoto, Japan.
On the back of the postcard it gives the following details: Ginkakuji (Silver Pavilion) Ginkakuji is the popular name of Jishoji Temple. The original building was erected in 1483 as a place of retirement by Yoshimasa Ashikaga, but upon his death it was converted into a Buddhist temple. The garden was laid out by Soami, a painter and garden designer. It is rich in exquisitive beauty and delicacy of design. In the Togudo, there is a tiny tearoom.